August 15, 2021
Is Technology Really A Taboo in Child Care?Childcare Technology
The State of Modern Child Care
Nurseries, daycare centers, and pre-schools can no longer ignore the benefits of using technology inside and outside the classroom. The traditional methods of teaching and storing documents waste money and most importantly time. The quality of the teaching and communication with the parents and other role players degrade if the focus is on paperwork instead of providing fun learning opportunities to young children.
If we look at the job descriptions of teachers and managers within the child care industry, very few industries require the amount of paperwork and adherence to regulations as the child care industry. The requirements range from Governmental guidance to keeping the parents happy and feeling part of their children’s learning journey every day. The amount of paperwork these requirements demand from management and teachers is robbing the children of quality time and interaction with their teachers.
It’s fair to say that specialized child care software is still relatively new to the industry, but if educators and other role players in the sector are realistic, this is one of the most important changes that need to modernize the sector – not only changes to the way that they teach children.
The child care industry has one of the lowest engagement percentages in the use of effective technology to improve quality provision to their clients. Logically, it can benefit from specialized software to cut down on operational costs, and adhere to regulatory requirements by using technology to ease administrative tasks. Things such as billing and invoicing, managing staff and staff ratios, monitoring and observing child development according to frameworks and more can easily be managed on one platform. This allows teachers and managers to teach and not push around papers.
Connectivity is vitally influential in the era we are living in, why not use specialized software to connect and involve parents in their child’s learning, get permission from them, and inform them about events and happenings in your setting?
Tech for Tomorrow, Today
The possibilities to effectively use technology in this sector are endless, specialized software can help managers and teachers to develop and connect with other professionals to monitor their work and their own professional development.
We think it’s time that we looked at alternatives as to how we can provide better learning and development. Not only for the children in our care, but the staff and people working in the sector – how can the sector grow and keep up with the modern era if we don’t?
There are many benefits of specialized software for the industry, which include:
- Efficient and better workflows within the child care center.
- Improved Learning and Development for the children in the child care center.
- Monitoring and evaluating the Learning and Development of the children in the child care center.
- Improved communication and effective connectivity with families.
The next question is…
How Do You Choose the Best-Specialized Software for Your Setting?
You need to start by asking and answering why you need specialized software. Does this software need to:
- “Take over” some functions.
- Complement your current system.
- Make your setting more efficient.
- Add quality outcomes and help you manage your staff, engage your parents, and be shaped around the client – the children in your child care center.
The features must include the following:
- Be compatible and be able to function on multiple devices.
- Provide a sign-in and sign-out function to staff and children.
- Provide online document accessibility and storage.
- Provide around-the-clock connectivity.
- Provide a customized parent or family portal.
- Provide billing and invoicing.
- Provide a link with Governmental Early Learning Frameworks.
- Size of the server storage and size of server storage.
- Monthly versus annual fees.
One of the key points to remember is that if you choose well, the child care management software will pay for itself in time and operational or administrative costs. Another key point is to familiarize yourself with the technical service and support the company will offer you, your staff, and parents using the software.
Do your homework and determine your needs before you start to look for a software solution.
Coincidentally, that’s why Parent is here: to set carers free of all these things that are robbing teachers and children of quality time.
Parent is a world-class child care management solution, designed exclusively for busy child care professionals and specialists in early childhood education.
Parent works (and looks) like a dream, fusing cutting-edge software with ease of uploading, efficient communication systems, an intuitive design, and so much more.